Friday, February 15, 2008

To call your U.S. Rep. or U.S. Senator: 202-224-3121 - SendMeRSS

More than 125 years since the installation of the first telephone in the Capitol, the Capitol switchboard office employs a staff of more than two dozen and handles in excess of 30,000 calls per week. To find your senators' and representative's phone numbers, you may use the searchable online congressional directory or call the U.S. Capitol Switchboard at (202)224-3121 and ask for your senators' and/or representative's office.

Remember that telephone calls are usually taken by a staff member, not the member of Congress. Ask to speak with the aide who handles the issue about which you wish to comment.

After identifying yourself, tell the aide you would like to leave a brief message, such as: "Please tell Senator/Representative (Name) that I support/oppose (S.___/H.R.___)."

You will also want to state reasons for your support or opposition to the bill. Ask for your senators' or representative's position on the bill. You may also request a written response to your telephone call.

Link - Fri, 15 Feb 2008 12:26:50 GMT - Feed (11 subs)

Sent using
Visit here to unsubscribe from All Things Reform.
Recommended Feeds/Actions

No comments: